SHIMANO Warranty Policy
Shimano Bicycle Division Limited Warranty
All product sold on ridecanada.shimano.com carry a warranty covering defects in workmanship or materials. Shimano Canada will replace or repair, at our discretion, free of charge any non-confirming item.
SHIMANO shoes are covered for 1 year from the date of original purchase.
SHIMANO pedals are covered for 2 years from the date of original purchase.
If you have questions regarding the warranty coverage email us at email@example.com, call us at 1-800-851-3650, or refer to your owner's manual.
To start a warranty request, please fill out the form below and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download consumer Warranty Claim Form
SHIMANO branded product:
Warrants to the original retail purchaser that the SHIMANO bicycle division product for which they received this warranty, is free from a defect in material and workmanship for a period of two years and their DURA-ACE and XTR components are covered for a period of three years from the date of original retail purchase. SHIMANO footwear, soft goods
LIMITS OF THE WARRANTY
SHIMANO’s sole obligation under this warranty is to repair or replace the product, at SHIMANO’s option.
LIMITATIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES
The duration of any implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise, on this product shall be limited to the duration of the express warranty set forth above. In no event shall Shimano be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to this product except as set forth herein. Some locations may not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and some locations may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from location to location.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING:
1. Shimano products that have been modified, neglected or poorly maintained, used in competition or for commercial purposes, misused or abused or involved in accidents.
2. Damage occurring during shipment of the products (such claims must be presented directly to the carrier).
3. Damage to products resulting from improper assembly or repair.
4. Damage resulting from causes other than non-conformities in materials and workmanship, including but not limited to lack of technical skill, competence, or experience of the user.
5. Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics or appearance of the product.
6. The labor required to remove and/or re-fit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly.
7. Normal wear to the product.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
If you are asked to send the item to SHIMANO, please select and complete the proper warranty claim form.
Package the product with the completed form and a dated proof of purchase. Using an insured, trackable method, ship to the address listed on the form. There is no credit or pre-payment of shipping, you are responsible for getting the product back to SHIMANO.
Please allow 15 business days from the date you returned the product to receive a replacement.